Are you a skilled project administrator with experience of working on international development projects? Would you welcome an opportunity to support a busy team and its local partners helping local communities in Africa adapt to climate change?
We are seeking an experienced project administration and finance associate to apply their skills to further community climate adaptation and resilience in East Africa under our award-winning DARAJA initiative. We have an immediate and initial 12 month assignment for the right person.
This role is remote based, part-time, with period in-person meetings, ideally based in the UK.
DARAJA is a flagship programme of Resurgence, that aims to improve Weather and Climate Information Services (WCIS), including early warnings of extreme weather, for vulnerable urban users. By adopting a systems-wide approach, DARAJA builds ‘bridges’ and operational partnerships between the actors critical to the co-design of the products, dissemination channels and feedback loops for weather forecasts and extreme weather alerts. These actors span the WCIS value-chain and includes National weather agencies, vulnerable residents of informal settlements, media, etc.
Resurgence is a UK based international non-profit social enterprise that specialises in developing climate risk, resilience and inclusive multi-hazard early warning services. Resurgence’s clients and partners include the Met Office/ UK’s FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) through the WISER Programme, the IDB, the World Bank GFDRR, the Red Cross Climate Centre, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) and the Lloyd’s Register Foundation.
About the role
This part time position will service the administrative, travel, financial and project reporting needs of a UK FCDO funded regional project in East Africa which includes 6 countries, including Uganda, Ethiopia and Sudan, as a part of the scale up phase of the programme. It will also support the ad-hoc needs of Resurgence in participating in key regional and global climate events such as the UNFCCC Regional Climate Weeks, the UN Climate COPs and other events in the international calendar.
- Part-time role with a strong preference for candidates based in the UK
- Remote working with period in-person meetings, ideally based in the UK
- Approximately GBP(£) 1,400 per month subject to negotiation and related to experience
- 2.5 – 3 days per week
- Ideal start date of 15th September 2023, or earlier, if available
- Supporting Travel logistics – making flight and hotel bookings, visa applications on behalf of project officers and managers, liaising with host partners or travelling partners
- Supporting Financial Management – receipts management, finance communication with partners overseas such as reminders, documentation requests, etc., close coordination with the Resurgence Finance Manager, tracking invoices and payments
- Supporting Resurgence Project Officers and Associates on information management, i.e., organising contracts, documents, reports, notes, etc, possibly preparing guidance documents
- Supporting Resurgence Project Officers and Associates on international workshop planning and management, i.e., logistics
Essential Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in project administration including financial administration support in project management, ideally in an international setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office tools, and other project or financial management tools such as Xero
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage appropriately with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English; other languages such as Swahili, Luganda, Amharic or Arabic is a plus
Please send a cover letter expressing why you are interested in joining the Resurgence team, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
11:59 PM GMT on Wednesday 6th September 2023.